February 22, 2023 | 0 min read
We feel you – depending on your particular values, it can be really challenging to find products that align with all the things that are important to you and your family.
At City Threads, we are always working on ways to reduce that *search stress*, and offer options that can align with your values.
There’s one City Threads product that we feel always checks the boxes – our Organic PJ Set. It’s a beautiful thing when you find those products that meet all your *demands* – those pieces that truly hit the mark.
Here’s why our Organic PJ Sets check all the boxes –
1. Comfort is always our top priority. Made of super-soft 100% organic cotton baby rib, these PJs embody the Danish hygge (hyoo-guh) feeling (a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being). The cuffs on the sleeves are also ideal for kids.
2. 100% Organic Cotton means the fiber was grown without toxic chemicals. The yarn is Global Organic Textile Standard certified – the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibers.
3. Dyed Locally With Low Impact Dyes. Our dye house partners in Los Angeles use low-impact Azo-free reactive dyes, and they don’t spray any additional treatments on the fabric.
4. Made In Los Angeles. We take local manufacturing seriously – our PJ Sets are knit, dyed, cut and sewn in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
5. Wear Them From Day To Night. Who says PJs are only for bedtime? Our sets are a great option for everyday wear – pair the bottoms with dresses or use the top as a basic long sleeve tee.
Our PJ Sets come in both long and short sleeve versions, making them the year-long go-to pajamas.
PJ's always pair perfectly with a freshly popped bowl of popcorn. For your next movie night or anytime, try our co-founder Joe’s tasty Popcorn Recipe.
• 1 cup organic popcorn kernels (preferably white; Arrowhead Farms are our favorite)
• 6 Tablespoons organic avocado oil
Put the oil and three kernels in a large pot (ceramic is our favorite). Turn to medium high heat. Once the three kernels pop, pour in the rest of the kernels. Then, shake the pan from side to side to coat all the kernels. Let them all pop – when the popping starts to diminish, turn off the heat and move the pot to a different burner. Season with pink salt to taste and Bragg's Nutritional Yeast.
Cool and enjoy!
Written by: Kestrel Jenkins, responsibility consultant & host of the Conscious Chatter podcast.